- Our services
- Rehabilitation services
- Medical and surgical
- Allied health
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Oncology rehabilitation
- Chronic disease management
- Exercise physiology
- Inpatient rehabilitation
- Occupational therapy
- Orthopaedic rehabilitation
- Outpatient rehabilitation
- Parkinson's disease
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Reconditioning rehabilitation
- Social work
- Speech pathology
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Community and youth
Hydrotherapy involves exercising in a heated pool to help treat a condition and/or improve your recovery after injury, illness or surgery.
Exercising in water helps reduce the pressure and stress on your body and joints.
The warm water in hydrotherapy pools also increases blood flow which can be beneficial if you have a chronic disease.
Hydrotherapy may be offered to you as part of your rehabilitation care plan, to help you on your way to recovery. You may need medical approval from your doctor to access our hydrotherapy services.
Potential benefits of our hydrotherapy services
Our hydrotherapy rehabilitation programs are overseen by experienced physiotherapists and may benefit you if:
- you find it difficult to exercise on land
- you are recovering from joint surgery
- you are recovering from injuries that involve the muscles and bones, known as musculoskeletal injuries
- you have a chronic condition that affects your nervous system
- you suffer from arthritis.
These benefits depend on your particular circumstances and require you to fully participate in necessary before and after care and management. You should consult a specialist in this area before deciding whether treatment is suitable for you.