- Medical and surgical
- Allied health
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Oncology rehabilitation
- Chronic disease management
- Exercise physiology
- Inpatient rehabilitation
- Occupational therapy
- Orthopaedic rehabilitation
- Outpatient rehabilitation
- Parkinson's disease
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Reconditioning rehabilitation
- Social work
- Speech pathology
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Community and youth
Pregnancy is a special and precious time and our focus is on you and your family. We want you to feel respected, supported and encouraged throughout your pregnancy and during and after childbirth.
Obstetrics refers to care for women and their babies before, during and after childbirth.
Our hospitals offer some of the finest maternity and neonatal facilities in the country.
Every baby’s birth is unique. Our caregivers will support you and your doctor (obstetrician) to meet your personal birthing and care needs.
What is the difference between obstetrics and gynaecology?
In general terms, gynaecology relates to women who aren’t pregnant, while obstetrics relates to pregnant women and their unborn children. Many physicians are qualified as both gynaecologists and obstetricians, enabling them to provide care for a range of concerns women may have during pregnancy.
Our obstetrics services
Our obstetrics service offers flexible medical care before, during and after the birth of your baby. Our holistic approach to your care is complemented by advanced medical technology.
Our obstetricians work within a highly skilled maternity care team which includes experienced midwives, neonatal and postnatal nurses, paediatricians and anaesthetists.
Our multidisciplinary team is highly experienced in:
- monitoring the health of pregnant women and unborn babies, including, antenatal assessment, ultrasound and fetal heart rate monitoring
- diagnosis and management of conditions such as pre-eclampsia and gestational hypertension
- diagnosis and treatment of ectopic pregnancy
- diagnosis of congenital abnormalities
- external cephalic version (turning a breech baby)
- childbirth and delivery
- caesarean sections
- postnatal care.
Each family's needs are different and we strive to cater to these needs within a relaxed and friendly environment.
Our obstetric patients have access to a range of inpatient and outpatient maternity services, including:
- childbirth preparation classes/parent education
- tours of the maternity and birth suite
- dietetics and nutrition advice about healthy eating during pregnancy
- physiotherapy to assist with pelvic girdle pain, back pain and incontinence
- gynaecological services
- specialist neonatal services
- breastfeeding and lactation clinician
- anaesthetic services in labour
- mental health care
- postnatal care.
Benefits of our obstetrics services
Our obstetrics services have a range of benefits for you and your family:
- experienced obstetricians that provide individualised, patient-centred care
- flexible approach to cater for a range of birthing needs
- fully equipped, modern and comfortable birthing suites and postnatal rooms
- neonatal care and special care nurseries for newborns with 24-hour on-call paediatricians
- postnatal follow-up care.
You may be interested in