Living with cancer can affect people with the disease, their families and carers. Having access to support, information, exercise programs and education can make a big difference to your health and wellbeing.
We offer a wealth of experience in medical and oncology nursing and care, working as a team to deliver a personalised health care program to help take care of your medical, physical and emotional needs.
Our oncology rehabilitation services
Our hospitals offer oncology (cancer care) rehabilitation services that may:
- help reduce side effects of treatment and medication such as pain, anxiety, fatigue or generally being unwell and unfit after cancer treatment
- provide dietary education and advice to help you be as healthy as possible
- consider strategies to help you cope with cancer, such as managing stress and how to use relaxation and positivity to improve your wellbeing
- offer group or individual exercise and education sessions to help you better manage your day-to-day life.
We encourage families, carers and friends to support you and be a part of your rehabilitation journey.
Your health care team may include:
- rehabilitation specialist
- oncology nurse coordinator
- occupational therapist
- social worker
- pastoral support.