- Our services
- Medical and surgical
- Cancer care
Our cancer care oncology services
Our holistic oncology service supports your physical, emotional and psychological wellbeing, including your surgical and medical needs. We provide education, clinical expertise and support for you and your loved ones in prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
We bring together clinicians from a wide range of disciplines associated with cancer treatment, including oncology, haematology and palliative care. We pride ourselves on providing a high standard of professional and multidisciplinary care with compassion and expertise.
Our services include:
- cancer-related surgery
- chemotherapy treatment
- targeted and immunotherapies
- cancer research and clinical trials
- cancer specific multidisciplinary team meetings
- allied health support (including social workers, dietitians, case managers, occupational therapists, physiotherapists and pharmacists)
- pain and symptom management
- pastoral services
- specialist nurses in breast care, palliative care and oncology.
We offer day chemotherapy services in a tranquil environment. Features such as comfortable seating, tea and coffee making facilities, and reading materials will help you feel more at home.
Depending on the cancer, radiation oncology may be used in combination with chemotherapy, or on its own. We offer specialist radiation therapy services using the latest techniques.
Research and clinical trials
By investing in research and clinical trials we are able to provide the most effective, evidence-based care to you, our patients. St John of God Health Care currently supports more than 50 cancer research projects, including clinical trials.
Supporting cancer research
St John of God Health Care undertakes a wide range of cancer research projects supported through the St John of God Foundation. If you would like to find out more about these projects, or how you can support cancer research at St John of God Hospitals, visit the St John of God Foundation.
Find out more about cancer in our health and wellbeing blogs.
At St John of God Warrnambool Hospital we have physiotherapists who are specially trained Lymphoedema therapists registered on the National Lymphoedema practitioners’ register.
Lymphoedema services at our facility include:
- early detection screening (bioimpedence)
- complex physical therapy
- assess to sequential intermittent pneumatic compression therapy
- quarterly support group meetings and
- emphasis on supporting self-management
You may be interested in