- Working with us
- International recruitment
Interested in living and working in Australia?
St John of God Health Care has a huge range of opportunities for health care workers to start their careers in Australia.
Moving overseas is a big step, but at St John of God Health Care, we pride ourselves on welcoming and supporting health care workers from around the world to make the move and join us in contributing to the health and wellbeing of others.
We offer opportunities across a broad range of careers for those looking to join St John of God Health Care as an international recruit. We are looking for:
- senior / consultant doctors, resident medical officers and registrars
- allied health professionals, including physiotherapists, occupational therapists, social workers, speech pathologists, dietitians and psychologists
- anaesthetic technicians
Western Australia - Perth
- Resident Medical Officer - Midland
- Emergency Registrar - Midland
- Registered Midwife - Midland
- Registered Nurse, Critical Care Unit - Midland
- Registered Nurse, Emergency - Midland
- Senior Registrar, Emergency - Midland
- Enrolled & Registered Nurse, Scrub/Scout - Murdoch
- Registered Nurses, Post Anaesthetic Care Unit - Murdoch
- Registered Nurses, Emergency Department - Murdoch
- Anaesthetic Technician or Registered Nurse - Murdoch
- Registered Midwife - Murdoch
- Ophthalmology Registered & Enrolled Nurses, Scrub/Scout, Subiaco
- Registered Nurse, Scrub/Scout - Subiaco
- Registered Nurse, Neonatal ICU - Subiaco
- Registered Nurse, Cardiac Cath Lab - Subiaco
- Registered Midwife - Subiaco
- Registered & Enrolled Nurses & Anaesthetic Technician, Short Stay Unit - Subiaco
Western Australia - regional
- Enrolled & Registered Nurse, Scrub/Scout & Post Anaesthetic Care Unit - Bunbury
- Registered Midwife - Bunbury
- Consultant General Physician - Bunbury
- Consultant Anaesthetist - Bunbury
- Registered Midwife - Ballarat
- Registered Nurse, Emergency - Ballarat
- Registered Nurse, Maternity and Gynaecology - Ballarat
- Registered Nurse, Intensive Care Unit - Ballarat
- Registered Nurse, Oncology - Ballarat
- Registered Nurse, Recovery- Ballarat
- Registered Nurse, Scrub/Scout or Anaesthetics - Ballarat
- Associate Nurse Unit Manager, Maternity and Gynaecology - Ballarat
- Associate Nurse Unit Manager, Emergency Department - Ballarat
- Associate Nurse Unit Manager, ICU - Ballarat
- Registered Nurse, Critical Care - Berwick
- Registered Nurse, Anaesthetics/Post Anaesthetic Care Unit - Berwick
- Registered Nurse, Scrub/Scout - Berwick
- Registered Midwife - Berwick
Langmore Centre (Berwick)
- Nurse Specialist,Endoscopy - Geelong
- Registered Nurse, Cardiac Care - Geelong
- Registered Nurse, Cardiac Cath - Geelong
- Special Care Nursery RN/RM - Geelong
- Registered Nurse/Midwife - Geelong
- Registered Nurse/Scrub/Scout Day Surgery - Geelong
- Critical Care Registered Nurse, Cardiac Care - Geelong
- Critical Care Registered Nurse, Emergency - Geelong
- Critical Care Registered Nurse, Intensive Care Unit - Geelong
- Hospital Medical Officer - Geelong
- Associate Nurse Unit Manager, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory - Geelong
- Associate Nurse Unit Manager, Women’s Health Unit - Geelong
New South Wales
- Registered Nurse, ICU - Hawkesbury
- Registered Nurses, Theatre - Hawkesbury
- Registered Nurse/Midwife - Hawkesbury
- Registered Nurse, Neonatal Special Care Nursery - Hawkesbury
We offer a supportive, safe, healthy and diverse work environment for all of our caregivers and will provide you with the support you need as you begin your career in Australia.
Candidates who apply for an approved position from outside of Australia may be eligible for our unique and competitive overseas relocation support, which includes:
- Assistance with Australian work visas and progression to permanent residency (where applicable)
- A personalised meet and greet and support from a relocation specialist to assist with housing, school tours, temporary accommodation, taxation, banking and settling in
- Up to $10,000 financial relocation assistance for eligible items such as visa fees, flights or shipping.*
*Maximum benefits and eligibility criteria applies
- Competitive salary and conditions
- Generous salary packaging options – up to $11,500 on mortgage and other expenses
- Up to $9010 on a range of benefits such as mortgage, your rent, or other everyday living expenses
- Up to $2650 on meal entertainment, holiday accommodation and venue hire
- Access to novated leasing to use pre-tax dollars for a car and expenses
- A welcoming and supportive culture
- A dynamic multidisciplinary team environment
- Opportunities for post-graduate support for your chosen career path and interests
- Additional professional development and qualification allowances
- A sign-on bonus of up to $6,000 paid pro-rata over 12 months for midwives
What is it like working at St John of God Health Care?
Hear from our caregivers who have already been through the process of migrating to Australia and starting work at St John of God Health Care.
Endoscopy nurse, Soniya Varghese, shares her experiences of moving to Australia and the benefits she has seen for her career and her family.
When Registered Midwife Helen Tremble was looking for opportunities to move from Scotland to Australia with her young family she found her dream role with St John of God Health Care.
Find out what to expect when you apply for a job with us.
We do not offer specific roles to international applicants. You can apply for any job that takes your interest, however sponsorship visa applications can only be progressed for eligible roles.
Please note: our careers portal is the only method of applying for a job with us. We do not take applications or expressions of interest for jobs via email or any other format.
If you are applying for a medical-based role, such as a nursing, allied health or a doctor position, we recommend your AHPRA registration or membership with the relevant Allied Health organisation is approved before you apply.
For some roles, you will need to demonstrate your evidence of ‘Right to Work’ (Australia birth certificate, citizenship certificate, passport or current visa).
All caregivers employed by St John of God Health Care are required to have all relevant vaccinations, and provide evidence of these. You will find out more about what is required for your specific role through the recruitment process.
We provide you with:
- guidance through the initial Visa process and any renewals required while in Australia
- help with your application and recognising relevant experience
- relocation assistance, including support with flights and accommodation to help you settle in before starting work with us
You can expect the process to take anywhere between two to six weeks after the application closing date.
This takes into account the review and selection process that the hiring manager undertakes, as well as allowing time for interviews and pre-employment checks.
If you are unsuccessful, you’ll be notified within one to two weeks of the application closing date for the position.
After your employment contract is offered, the transition to Australia from overseas can take between three and nine months due to a number of factors including The Department of Home Affairs visa processing time and personal circumstances regarding your relocation.
St John of God has hospitals in three states across Australia and are located in inner metropolitan areas all the way to regional towns. These hospitals vary by size, specialty and services.
We recommend you apply to all the hospitals you think you may be interested in to have the best chance possible. We may also retain your information to be considered for other vacancies at hospitals within in the same geography.
Our hospitals have been grouped by region in each state below. To find out more information on a specific hospital, follow the link to visit their webpage.
New South Wales - Sydney Metropolitan
New South Wales - Sydney Outer Metropolitan
Victoria - Melbourne Outer Metropolitan
- St John of God Berwick Hospital
- St John of God Frankston Rehabilitation
- St John of God Langmore Centre
Victoria - Regional
- St John of God Ballarat Hospital
- St John of God Bendigo Hospital
- St John of God Geelong Hospital
- St John of God Warrnambool Hospital
Western Australia – Perth Metropolitan
- St John of God Midland Private Hospital
- St John of God Midland Public Hospital
- St John of God Mt Lawley Hospital
- St John of God Murdoch Hospital
- St John of God Subiaco Hospital
Western Australia - Regional
Yes. We understand moving overseas is a big step and you may be looking for some flexibility when you begin work with us.
We offer full-time, part-time and casual working opportunities and encourage you to apply for the option that suits you best, in accordance with any visa conditions. Additionally, we are here to support you and are happy to discuss flexible working options, where viable.