- Working with us
- International recruitment
Interested in living and working in Australia?
St John of God Health Care has a huge range of opportunities for health care workers to start their careers in Australia.
Moving overseas is a big step, but at St John of God Health Care, we pride ourselves on welcoming and supporting health care workers from around the world to make the move and join us in contributing to the health and wellbeing of others.
What roles are available?
We offer opportunities across a broad range of careers for those looking to join St John of God Health Care as an international recruit. We are looking for:
- senior / consultant doctors, junior doctors, resident medical officers and registrars
- allied health professionals, including physiotherapists, occupational therapists, social workers, speech pathologists, dietitians and psychologists
- anaesthetic technicians
Visit our jobs website to search all current vacancies.
Want to know more about our locations?
We run acute care hospitals, as well as dedicated mental health facilities and community services, and provide the entire range of clinical specialties across our organisation.
- View our prospectus to find out more.
St John of God Health Care has locations in Sydney, Melbourne, and Perth, in addition to regional towns and cities across New South Wales, Victoria and Western Australia.
What support does St John of God Health Care offer?
We offer a supportive, safe, healthy and diverse work environment for all of our caregivers and will provide you with the support you need as you begin your career in Australia.
Candidates who apply for an approved position from outside of Australia may be eligible for our unique and competitive overseas relocation support, which includes:
- Assistance with Australian work visas and progression to permanent residency (where applicable)*
- A personalised meet and greet and support from a relocation specialist to assist with housing, school tours, temporary accommodation, taxation, banking and settling in
- Financial relocation assistance for eligible items.*
*Maximum benefits and eligibility criteria applies
We also offer the following benefits:
- Competitive salary and conditions
- Generous salary packaging options – up to $18,550 on mortgage and other expenses
- Up to $15,900 on a range of benefits such as mortgage, your rent, or other everyday living expenses
- Up to $2,650 on meal entertainment, holiday accommodation and venue hire
- Access to novated leasing to use pre-tax dollars for a car and expenses
- A welcoming and supportive culture
- A dynamic multidisciplinary team environment
- Opportunities for post-graduate support for your chosen career path and interests
- Additional professional development and qualification allowances.
Find out more about our workplace benefits.
What is it like working at St John of God Health Care?
Hear from our caregivers who have already been through the process of migrating to Australia and starting work at St John of God Health Care.
Endoscopy nurse, Soniya Varghese, shares her experiences of moving to Australia and the benefits she has seen for her career and her family.
Coming to Australia from the UK was a huge move for St John of God Subiaco Hospital nurse Joji, however it was a decision he wouldn’t regret.
Find out what to expect when you apply for a job with us.
The application process for international applicants is the same as the process for local applicants. You can view our current opportunities and submit your application online via our careers portal.
We do not offer specific roles to international applicants. You can apply for any job that takes your interest, however sponsorship visa applications can only be progressed for eligible clinical roles.
Please note: our careers portal is the only method of applying for a job with us. We do not take applications or expressions of interest for jobs via email or any other format.
If you are applying for a medical-based role, such as a nursing, allied health or a doctor position, we recommend your AHPRA registration or membership with the relevant Allied Health organisation is approved before you apply.
For some roles, you will need to demonstrate your evidence of ‘Right to Work’ (Australia birth certificate, citizenship certificate, passport or current visa).
St John of God Health Care complies with relevant public health orders and legislation relating to vaccination of caregivers across Western Australia, Victoria and New South Wales. You will find out more about what is required for your specific role through the recruitment process.
Where applicable, we provide you with:
- guidance through the initial Visa process and any renewals required while in Australia
- help with your application and recognising relevant experience
- relocation assistance, including support with flights and accommodation to help you settle in before starting work with us
You can expect the process to take anywhere between two to six weeks after the application closing date.
This takes into account the review and selection process that the hiring manager undertakes, as well as allowing time for interviews and pre-employment checks.
If you are unsuccessful, you’ll be notified within one to two weeks of the application closing date for the position.
After your employment contract is offered, the transition to Australia from overseas can take between three and nine months due to a number of factors including The Department of Home Affairs visa processing time and personal circumstances regarding your relocation.
St John of God Health Care has hospitals in three states across Australia and are located in inner metropolitan areas all the way to regional towns. These hospitals vary by size, specialty and services.
We recommend you apply to all the hospitals you think you may be interested in to have the best chance possible. We may also retain your information to be considered for other vacancies at hospitals within in the same geography.
Our hospitals have been grouped by region in each state below. To find out more information on a specific hospital, follow the link to visit their webpage.
New South Wales - Sydney Metropolitan
New South Wales - Sydney Outer Metropolitan
Victoria - Melbourne Outer Metropolitan
- St John of God Berwick Hospital
- St John of God Frankston Rehabilitation
- St John of God Langmore Centre
Victoria - Regional
- St John of God Ballarat Hospital
- St John of God Bendigo Hospital
- St John of God Geelong Hospital
- St John of God Warrnambool Hospital
Western Australia – Perth Metropolitan
- St John of God Midland Private Hospital
- St John of God Midland Public Hospital
- St John of God Mt Lawley Hospital
- St John of God Murdoch Hospital
- St John of God Subiaco Hospital
Western Australia - Regional
St John of God Health Care operates in Victoria, Western Australia and New South Wales. We invite international applicants to apply for any job in any location.
Yes. We understand moving overseas is a big step and you may be looking for some flexibility when you begin work with us.
We offer full-time, part-time and casual working opportunities and encourage you to apply for the option that suits you best, in accordance with any visa conditions. Additionally, we are here to support you and are happy to discuss flexible working options, where viable.