- For patients and visitors
- Partnering with carers
Partnering with carers
Better patient outcomes are achieved when carers and or support person(s) are actively involved in the care of someone living with a mental illness.
At St John of God Langmore Centre, we will seek patient consent to include their carer / support person in their care. This will enable you to be involved in discussions including treatment decision making, admission and discharge planning and outpatient support. We can also provide you with information about mental health and recovery, relapse prevention and tools to help you as a carer / support person.
If you need guidance in seeking external support as a carer, our social worker can help direct you to local support services.
Our Carer & Support Person Guide provides further information and resources.
These services offer useful information and support to help you fulfil your role as a carer / support person:
- Carer Gateway – Australian Government carer resource including help and advice, respite and financial assistance.
- Tandem – the Victorian peak body representing family and friends supporting people living with mental health illness.
- Mental Health Carers Australia – national advocacy group promoting the mental health needs of carers.
- Carer’s Victoria – state-wide voice for carers including support to carers.
Need help now?
Call Emergency 000
Lifeline 13 11 14
You may be interested in