The Group Chief Executive Officer convenes and chairs a Group Executive Committee comprising senior executives who provide assistance and advice on strategic and operational matters. The Committee meets monthly.
Dr Shane Kelly – MBBS, MBA, MPH, FRACMA, FCHSM, CHE, FAIM, FAICD
Group Chief Executive Officer – appointed June 2018
- More than 30 years’ experience in health care including 19 years as chief executive officer at hospitals and health care organisations in Australia.
- Previous roles include Mater Misericordiae Group Chief Executive Officer, WA North Metropolitan Health Service Chief Executive and St John of God Subiaco Hospital Chief Executive Officer (2005 to 2013).
- Adjunct Professor at the School of Medicine, University of Notre Dame Australia.
Dr Steve Bolsin – BSc, MBBS, FRCA, FANZCA, MHSM, DLitt (Hon)
Group Director Medical Services and Clinical Governance – appointed May 2019
- More than 30 years’ experience in healthcare with a focus on clinical governance and quality leadership
- Previously worked as Director of Medical Services at St John of God Geelong Hospital and provided quality and safety consulting to Dubai Health Authority and Colchester District Hospital in the UK
- More than 30 years’ experience as an anaesthetist in public and private hospitals in Geelong, Bristol and London
- Awarded Lambie-Dew Medal from the University of Sydney for contributions to medicine, the Frederic Hewett Medal from the Royal College of Anaesthetists for contributions to patient safety and the Jackson-Rees Medal from the Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland for contributions to the safety of paediatric patients
Carla Bonev – BCom, MOrgPsych
Group Director Workforce – appointed July 2020
- More than 15 years’ experience in human resources management in global and Australian organisations, working in Australia and South Africa
- Previously held senior human resources roles at South 32 and BHP
- Significant experience leading HR functions and using analytics and data to support organisational development and growth
Mr Grahame Coles - MBA, DipMgt
Group Director Digital, Information and Technology appointed February 2019
- More than 30 years’ experience in digital and technology across multiple sectors including health, community services, agriculture, food, manufacturing and retail, in both public and private sectors
- Previously worked as the Chief Information Officer at the Department of Health and Human Services – Tasmania
- Previous Chair of the Victorian Government CIO Leadership Group Council, and former member of the Victorian Information Technology advisory Committee and New Zealand Kiwifruit Industry Supply and Procurement Committee
Mr Steve Goldsworthy - Bcom, CA, GAICD
Group Chief Finance Officer - appointed December 2017
- 18 years’ experience in finance working in Australian and American listed multi-national companies, working in Australia and Canada
- Previously held senior finance roles at Austal Ltd, Cliffs Natural Resources and Schlumberger
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
Ms Larissa Johnstone – BA LLA (Hons), Grad Dip Legal Practice
Group Director Legal, Risk and Compliance - appointed July 2020
- More than 20 years’ experience advising in relation to legal, risk and compliance matters, including 8 years as the St John of God Health Care General Counsel and Company Secretary.
- Extensive experience in national and international legal practice, including 5 years as a partner in a commercial law firm.
Ms Dani Meinema – Grad Cert Leadership & Catholic Culture, MHHSM, BNurs, Nursing (DipApSc)
Group Director of Nursing and Patient Experience – appointed January 2019
- More than 15 years' senior management and nursing experience
- Senior leadership and management roles include Director of Nursing at St John of God Health Care, CEO / Director of Clinical Services, Clinical Services Coordinator and Clinical Nurse Manager at Ramsay Health Care
- Masters qualified health professional with specialist skills in perioperative nursing, including management and education
Ms Marcelle Mogg – Dip App Sc (Nursing), B Soc Sc (Pastoral Studies), MBA, GAICD
Group Director Mission Integration – appointed November 2016
- 26 years' experience in the professional leadership and management of large-scale health and social service organisations in the Catholic not-for-profit sector
- Formerly CEO Catholic Social Services Australia
- Previous roles include Acting Director Mission St Vincent’s Health Australia, Director Mission St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne and Editor Eureka Street Magazine
- Board member Sacred Heart Mission
Mr Bryan Pyne – Bbus, FCA
Chief Operating Officer Hospitals – appointed August 2018
- 23 years’ experience in finance including more than 20 years with St John of God Health Care, including as Group Director of Finance since 2007
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Recipient of the 2010 40 under 40 Award (WA)
- Board member / Chair of the Finance Committee of Newman College