- Governance and stewardship
Our Group Chief Executive Officer is appointed by the Board and accountable to them for the organisation's day to day management across Australia and New Zealand.
The Group Chief Executive Officer convenes and chairs a Group Executive Committee comprising senior executives who provide assistance and advice on strategic and operational matters. The Committee meets monthly.
Mr Bryan Pyne – Bbus, FCA
Group Chief Executive Officer – appointed April 2023
- 23 years’ experience in finance including more than 20 years with St John of God Health Care, including as Group Director of Finance (2007-2017) and Chief Operating Officer (2018 - 2022).
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants.
- Recipient of the 2010 40 under 40 Award (WA).
- Board member / Chair of the Finance Committee of Newman College.
Ms Carla Bonev – BCom, MOrgPsych
Group Director Workforce – appointed July 2020
- More than 15 years’ experience in human resources management in global and Australian organisations, working in Australia and South Africa.
- Previously held senior human resources roles at South 32 and BHP.
- Significant experience leading HR functions and using analytics and data to support organisational development and growth.
Mr Grahame Coles - MBA, DipMgt
Group Director Digital, Information and Technology appointed February 2019
- More than 30 years’ experience in digital and technology across multiple sectors including health, community services, agriculture, food, manufacturing and retail, in both public and private sectors.
- Previously worked as the Chief Information Officer at the Department of Health and Human Services – Tasmania.
- Previous Chair of the Victorian Government CIO Leadership Group Council, and former member of the Victorian Information Technology advisory Committee and New Zealand Kiwifruit Industry Supply and Procurement Committee.
Mr Colin Young - CPA, MA, FACHSM
Acting Group Chief Financial Officer – appointed February 2023
- More than 20 years’ experience working in private health care including more than a decade in senior management positions at St John of God Murdoch and Subiaco Hospitals as well as Group Services.
- Has served as Director of Finance and Business Services at St John of God Midland Public and Private Hospitals since 2021.
- Holds a Masters degree in Accounting from Curtin University, CPA, Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Mr Ben Edwards - BAChief Operating Officer Hospitals – appointed January 2023
- Chief Executive Officer of St John of God Murdoch Hospital from February 2017 to December 2022.
- More than 10 years’ experience as a hospital and health care transformation leader.
- More than 10 years’ senior experience in management consulting in the UK and Australia with Ernst & Young and PWC.
- Early career experience with the National Health Service (UK).
Mr Steve Goldsworthy - Bcom, CA, GAICD
Group Chief Strategy and Commercial Officer - appointed December 2017
- More than 20 years’ experience in finance working in Australian and American listed multi-national companies, working in Australia and Canada
- Previously held senior finance roles at Austal Ltd, Cliffs Natural Resources and Schlumberger..
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants.
Mr Michael Hogan - BCom, CA, MAICD
Acting Group Director Community Services - appointed December 2022
- More than 25 years’ experience in healthcare management having previously worked as CEO of St John of God Midland Public and Private Hospitals, currently CEO St John of God Bendigo Hospital.
- CEO of St John of God Pathology, where he led its integration with Australian Clinical Labs.
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, past board member of Geelong Community Care Chemists and is also a chartered accountant.
Ms Larissa Johnstone – BA LLA (Hons), Grad Dip Legal Practice
Group Director Legal, Risk and Compliance - appointed July 2020
- More than 20 years’ experience advising in relation to legal, risk and compliance matters, including eight years as the St John of God Health Care General Counsel and Company Secretary.
- Extensive experience in national and international legal practice, including five years as a partner in a commercial law firm.
Ms Dani Meinema – Grad Cert Leadership & Catholic Culture, MHHSM, BNurs, Nursing (DipApSc)
Group Director of Nursing and Patient Experience – appointed January 2019
- More than 15 years' senior management and nursing experience.
- Senior leadership and management roles include Director of Nursing at St John of God Health Care, CEO / Director of Clinical Services, Clinical Services Coordinator and Clinical Nurse Manager at Ramsay Health Care.
- Masters qualified health professional with specialist skills in perioperative nursing, including management and education.
Ms Tara Peters - BBus, Grad Dip Theology, Grad Cert Catholic Leadership
Group Director Mission Integration – appointed July 2022
- More than 20 years’ experience across the public, private and not-for-profit sectors, with a broad background in finance, human resources and lay ministry roles.
- Previously held roles within St John of God Health Care including Group Manager Mission Integration – WA and Hospitals and Director of Mission Integration St John of God Midland Public and Private Hospitals, following HR professional roles at Fiona Stanley Hospital with Serco.
- Extensive experience in ministry leadership including formation, culture development and integrating Catholic identity and principles throughout organisations.