- Emergency Department
- Medical and surgical
- Allied health
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Chronic pain management
- Exercise physiology
- Falls prevention and balance
- Inpatient rehabilitation
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Occupational therapy
- Oncology rehabilitation
- Orthopaedic rehabilitation
- Outpatient rehabilitation
- Parkinson's disease
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Speech pathology
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Community and youth
- Healthcare at Home
GreenLight laser services
Laser technology is often used instead of traditional surgery to treat a range of medical conditions. GreenLight laser therapy helps reduce the effects of an enlarged prostate, otherwise known as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
BPH is a very common, non-cancerous condition. Men are often unaware of it, even though LUTS can have a profound impact on quality of life.
We work closely with you to explain the treatment and benefits so you can feel confident seeking help and more quickly get back to your day-to-day life.
Our GreenLight laser services
Our GreenLight laser services offer a safe and effective way to reduce and relieve the symptoms of an enlarged prostate. Symptoms may include:
- difficulty or straining when urinating
- a reduced urine stream
- a change in the frequency of urination
- pain or burning during urination
- a feeling that the bladder never completely empties.
GreenLight laser therapy works by using laser to melt away excess tissue from the prostate.
Your urologist will insert a small tube (called a cystoscope) into the urethra. They will then guide the laser through this tube to vaporise the obstructing prostate tissue. This provides a larger channel through which urine can pass and helps your bladder function normally again.
Our urologists, urological surgeons, registered nurses and allied health professionals work together to diagnose your condition and decide if GreenLight laser therapy is suitable for you.
Benefits of GreenLight laser therapy
GreenLight laser therapy can provide several benefits, including:
- less bleeding than traditional surgery particularly in anti-coagulated patients
- rapid relief from the symptoms of an enlarged prostate
- where appropriate, the option for day surgery, so you can recover in the comfort of your own home.
These benefits depend on your particular circumstances and require you to fully participate in necessary before and after care and management. You should consult a specialist in this area before deciding whether treatment is suitable for you.
You may be interested in...