Horizon House Ballarat | Wadawurrung land
Watch the video below to see a fly through tour of St John of God Horizon House, Ballarat.
Horizon House Ballarat supports young people aged 16-22 who are facing homelessness or who don’t have a safe and stable place to live long term.
More than a roof over your head, our team will work with you to understand who you are, what you want to do and where you want to be. Then, together, we’ll develop the skills and access the support you need to look after yourself and move on.
House features and local amenities
- $115 weekly rent - includes groceries and utility bills
- private furnished bedrooms
- large back garden with vegetable gardens
- outdoor BBQ and courtyard
- Federation University Camp St Campus located three kms away
- Federation University – Manufacturing and Engineering Skills Centre just three kms away
- one minute walk to public transport
- walking distance (approximately 10 minutes) from Lake Wendouree
- IGA, Coles and Woolworths nearby.
What does life look like inside the house?
At Horizon House Ballarat, we provide you with a safe and supportive environment to develop the skills and access the support you need to look after yourself and live independently.
The house is a judgement-free space. We share the cooking and cleaning and host regular group activities to help you get to know your housemates (e.g. shared dinners, walks at Lake Wendouree and group outings). We also invite you to celebrate birthdays and Christmas as a group.
There are regular house meetings to ensure everyone feels comfortable in the house and is across what’s coming up.
We can help you if you are:
- aged 16-22
- homeless or at risk of homelessness
- engaged, or committed to engaging within eight weeks of entry, in a daily activity program such as education, employment or other skills development
- young mums, must be engaged in a program as above, due to give birth within eight weeks or currently parenting
- have capacity to engage with Support Coordinator and Youth Residential Caregivers to work towards personal goals and build independent living skills.
- be in receipt of a Centrelink allowance or other wage payment to contribute towards subsidised rent
- not have engaged in significant substance misuse for at least three months
- identified as low risk for aggression, suicidality or self-harm.
All St John of God Horizon House residents must be willing to work with us to obtain urgent ambulance cover.
Interested in applying?
Please click on the button below for more information on our applications process and to download an application/referral form.
Contact information (during office hours only)
For further information and referrals, please contact our Support Co-ordinator:
Tel: 03 4310 6987
Mobile: 0448 853 373
Email: [email protected]
Crisis accommodation and after hours assistance
We do not provide short-term, crisis accommodation.
Tel: 03 5332 1286
You can also contact Homeless Crisis Response from Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm. After business hours, your call will be directed to the St. Kilda Crisis Centre.
Tel: 1800 825 955
You may be interested in