We provide stability and support for young people aged 16 to 22 years old to help them set and achieve their goals and independence.
We accept referrals from a wide range of sources including but not limited to family members, family friends, schools, teachers, general practitioners, social workers, youth workers, community support groups and emergency accommodation providers.
To be eligible for the St John of God Horizon House program, you must satisfy the following criteria to ensure we are able to provide the support required:
- homeless or at serious risk of homelessness
- aged 16 to 22 years old
- willing to work towards receiving a wage or obtaining Centrelink payments
- willing to contribute towards their share of rent and utilities – the cost of rent is means tested dependent on income to ensure affordability for all residents
- willing to participate in daily activities as agreed in their individual support plan for example school, work (voluntary), courses and counselling
- prepared to abide by the no smoking rule
- no current significant issues with alcohol and/or substance abuse.
All St John of God Horizon House residents must be willing to work with us to obtain urgent ambulance cover.
Contact information (during office hours only)
For further information and referrals, please contact our Support Co-ordinator:
Crisis accommodation and after hours assistance
We do not provide short-term, crisis accommodation.
If you require crisis services please contact The Uniting Care Housing Program or drop-in without an appointment to 105 Dana Street to arrange a meeting with a housing worker.
Tel: (03) 5332 1286
You can also contact Homeless Crisis Response from Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm. After business hours, your call will be directed to the St. Kilda Crisis Centre.
Tel: 1800 825 955