As a not-for-profit organisation, St John of God Health Care has a proud history of providing outreach services in areas of unmet need, many of which are delivered for free or at low cost through an allocation of eligible revenue from our hospitals. Every time you choose a St John of God Health Care hospital, you help us provide outreach services to people in need in our community. See what we’ve achieved in the past year.
Through our Social Outreach services, we strive to meet the needs of people within our communities who are experiencing disadvantage, with a focus on areas of unmet needs in health care. Our services are:
- Raphael Services
- Horizon House
- Casa Venegas
- Community Mental Health Services
- International Health
- Drug and Alcohol Withdrawal Network
- South West Community and Alcohol Drug Service
Working across three states, as well as in Timor-Leste, the services provide a range of accommodation, mental health, healthcare and personalised support to people in need – people who wouldn’t otherwise be able to access the help and support they require.
Over the past year, we have:
- Delivered $22.5 million of free or low cost services to people in need
- Delivered 23,753 individual counselling session to provide mental health care to 2,017 parents
- Prevented 164 young people from entering the cycle of homelessness
- Trained 86% of nurses at Timor-Leste’s national hospital in core nursing competencies
Our Service Statement of Commitment to Child Safety
St John of God Social Outreach is committed to providing a safe environment for all children/young people in its care and proactively takes measures to protect children/young people from abuse. We actively implement strategies to ensure that our services are physically, spiritually, socially, and emotionally safe. The welfare of the children/young people in our care is our first priority and we have zero tolerance towards child abuse, which is any act committed against a child/young person involving physical violence, sexual offences, emotional and/or psychological abuse or neglect.
News and events
Stay up to date with the lastest news and events from St John of God Social Outreach.
You may be interested