GP education: Emergency skills workshop - Is there a doctor in the house?
Join us for our next GP education event: Emergency Skills Workshop overseen by Dr Georgina Hayden, Director of Emergency Medicine at St John of God Geelong Hospital.
St John of God Geelong Hospital invites you to attend a series of interactive workshops to sharpen your skills in an emergency situation.
Date: Tuesday 19th March 2019
- Delivering a baby: Consider the skills required to safely deliver a baby in an unexpected setting.
- Paediatric Airways: Demonstrate an approach to paediatric patients requiring airway assistance including basic to advanced procedures.
Date: Tuesday 18 June 2019
- Envenomation's: Recognise and discuss presentation and management of marine stings, snake and spider bites.
- Burns: Evaluate and safely manage burns.
Date: Tuesday 17 September 2019
- Dental Trauma: Evaluate and manage dental trauma effectively.
- Head Injuries: Evaluate and safely manage head injuries in both adult and paediatric patients.
Time: 6:00pm registration, 6.30pm start
Venue: St John of God Geelong Hospital, main hospital and emergency department entrance is located off Myers Street
Parking: Parking is available onsite
Cost: These workshops are sponsored by St John of God Geelong Hospital and there is no cost to attend
Light refreshments will be served during registration
This activity has been approved as a Category 1 activity (40 CPD points) by the RACGP QI&CPD Program in the 2017 - 19 triennium. In the event a workshop is missed, Category 2 CPD points can be attained for attending individual workshops. Please feel free to register your interest in single workshops, however in the event that places fill, preference will be given to those registered to attend all 3 workshops.