Getting into the pool to aid your recovery
Exercising in water is great for rehabilitation
Our hydrotherapy pool is specifically designed for rehabilitation. It is set at a warm 34 to 35 degrees Celsius, which is ideally suited to help your muscles and joints stay warm and improve movement.
Water reduces the impact exercise has on your joints, muscles and bones and keeps you buoyant, which means things that might be hard for you to do on land are easier in the pool.
Why start doing hydrotherapy classes?
Hydrotherapy is not only a great way to start exercising, but it can also be a form of relaxation.
In particular, if you are managing a chronic condition or recovering after trauma, surgery or illness, hydrotherapy can be a great option.
People with the following conditions often find great benefits:
- Arthritic pain
- Back and neck pain
- Cardiovascular and heart disease
- Chronic disease
- Chronic pain
- Joint and muscle pain
- Orthopaedic surgery – such as total hip or knee replacement
- Recovery after surgery or trauma
- Respiratory disease
- Sports injuries
- Sprains and strains
What to expect
- Small classes (maximum seven) run by qualified physiotherapists or exercise physiologists
- A thorough individual assessment to identify your exercise needs and goals
- A detailed hydrotherapy program
- Advice and education
- Discussion with your GP or specialist as required
Make an appointment today
You can make an appointment without referral.
Online: Make an appointment enquiry
Phone: (03) 9788 3331
You may be interested in