- Alcohol and drug other addiction
- Art therapy
- Electroconvulsive therapy
- Mood disorders
- Parent infant mental health
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Older adult mental health
- Personality disorders
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Psychotic disorders
- Recovery model
- Trauma counselling
- Mental health and therapy
Older adult mental health
Older Adult Mental Health Services bring together therapy programs to provide the tools needed to manage mental health issues such as depression, grief, social isolation and dementia.
As you age, maintaining good emotional wellbeing is just as important as being physically healthy. Feelings of isolation and grief as well as illnesses such as dementia and depression can have a big impact as you age.
How can treatment and support help?
Supporting the mental health of older adults has many benefits, including helping maintain physical health and wellbeing and promoting independence and a good quality of life.
Our older adult mental health treatment programs
Everyone is unique and our programs are person centred to help you on this journey.
By working with different stakeholders in the community including your GP we can provide the best possible treatment plan to help with your wellbeing.
A range of treatments is available to help address specific problems, including:
- grief related issues
- social isolation
- challenging behaviours
- mood and personality disorders
- bipolar disorder
- psychotic disorders
- suicidal thoughts
Inpatient programs help you learn how to manage your most acute symptoms with the goals of:
- helping you understand the ageing process and mental health
- giving you a better understanding of how lifestyle factors impact mood and mental health
- providing you with improved skills for managing stress
- helping you adjust – physically, socially and mentally – to the complications brought about by mental health issues
- encouraging greater socialisation with others, as an ongoing way of being
- reducing the risk of relapse.
Benefits of treatment programs
- Health care plans are personalised to best address individual needs
- Access to a team of health professionals, who work together to help you recover and feel better
- A goal-oriented, support and treatment plan is developed to help guide your recovery
- Your family and support network is included throughout your stay and once you leave hospital.
These benefits depend on your particular circumstances and require your full participation. You should consult a specialist in this area before deciding whether treatment is suitable for you.