Ruben Rajan is a colorectal/general surgeon and gastrointestinal endoscopist.
He operates and consults at St John of God Subiaco and Murdoch Hospitals, Royal Perth Hospital and Bentley Hospital.
After obtaining his undergraduate degree from the University of Southampton, United Kingdom, he pursued advanced surgical training in Western Australia, during which time he obtained a Master of Surgery degree from the University of Edinburgh. He has then gone on to complete two years of training under the Australia and New Zealand Training Board for Colorectal Surgery. These years were spent in Monash Health, Victoria and Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital in Queensland where he had the opportunity to work under the tutelage of some of the leading names in colorectal surgery.
Areas of interest:
- Minimally invasive treatment for colonic and rectal cancer
- Transanal minimally invasive surgery for rectal polyps and early cancers
- Inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s)
- Disorders of the pelvic floor (obstructive defecation, rectal prolapse and rectocoele)
- Perianal fistula/haemorrhoids/anal fissure
- Pilonidal disease
- Diseases of the small bowel and appendix
- General surgery
- Minimally invasive inguinal and ventral hernia surgery
- Gallstone disease
- General Surgery
- Colorectal surgery
- Gall bladder surgery
- Hernia repair
- Pelvic floor repair
- Robotic Surgery
Telehealth consultations: Yes
Treats Children: No