After three surgical fellowships in Australia, UK and North America, Dr Wu returned to Perth and performs small-incision cataract surgery under topical anaesthesia and surgery for glaucoma, pterygium, strabismus and eyelids. He also provides laser and injection treatment for macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy locally in Midland.
He teaches cataract surgery to ophthalmologists in Bali, Indonesia through John Fawcett Eye Foundation. He has made past screening trips to Broome and North Kimberleys through the WA Lions Save Sight program. Dr Wu also delivers lectures and practicals to ophthalmology registrars and medical students in WA, UK and Canada, and is also an undergraduate ophthalmology lecturer and examiner.
Dr Wu has published many ophthalmology papers in international peer-reviewed journals and co-authored book chapter, presenting them at a number of international and national scientific meetings. These include the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO), American Association of Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus (AAPOS) and North American Neuro-Ophthalmologists Society (NANOS) congresses.
He is the ex-secretary of the WA branch of the Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists (RANZCO).
- Dr Wu has received the following awards:
- Dux of University Medical School
- AMA Medal and Dean's Roll of Excellence
- The Royal Australian College of Ophthalmologists Medal in 1999, together with other undergraduate prizes/medal, including surgery, medicine, general practice, psychiatry, obstetrics, neurosciences, anatomy and pharmacology
- Australian Postgraduate Award for his Masters thesis on clinical risk factors for familial versus sporadic glaucoma
- The highest ranked prestigious National Health & Medical Research Council (NHMRC) postgraduate Gustav Nossal Scholarship, and University of Western Australia A & A Saw Scholarship for Postgraduate Medicine on Macular Degeneration.
NO GAP Surgery provider for all private health funds and DVA.
- Anterior segment surgery
- Cataract and IOL surgery
- Corneal refractive surgery
- Diabetic eye disease
- Eyelid surgery
- Laser eye surgery
- Macular disease
- Neonatal ophthalmology
- Ocular trauma
- Oculoplastic reconstructive surgery
- Optical Coherence Tomography - OCT
- Paediatric ophthalmology
- Retinal and vitreous disorders
- Retinitis pigmentosa
- Thyroid eye disease
Telehealth consultations: No
Treats Children: Yes
No gap provider for all consultations