Physiotherapist Toby Vague explains the best way to tackle stairs after surgery – remember only do these tasks once your physiotherapist has given you the green light.
Importantly, when you first take the stairs make sure you have a walking stick or crutches to aid you. You should be comfortable using these aids before you negotiate getting up or down stairs.
- Step up with your good leg
- Then follow with your operated leg
- Then place the stick or crutch on the same step as your legs
- Put your stick or crutches down first
- Followed by your sore leg
- Then your good leg