Busting COVID-19 Myths
The spread of misinformation can be common during an outbreak of disease and the COVID-19 pandemic is no different.
St John of God Subiaco Hospital CEO and Infectious Diseases Specialist Professor Shirley Bowen has recorded a number of myth buster videos to help stop the spread of rumours and disease.
To watch the myth buster videos, click on the links below.
- Myth: Social distancing is only necessary for those most at risk
- Myth: The virus cannot survive in hot conditions
- Myth: Droplet spread is the only way you can catch the virus
- Myth: If I don't have symptoms, I don't have COVID-19
- Myth: Loss of smell is the first sign of COVID-19
- Myth: There's no treatment
- Myth: We are not testing enough people
- Myth: If we cannot find a vaccine for the common cold, we won't be able to find one for COVID-19
You may be interested in...