Having a strong connection to our spirituality enables us to connect with ourselves and those we meet.
This does not require a religious element. However, a healthy religious faith, along with our values, beliefs, principles and morals, help strengthen our spiritual health.
It simply gives us a greater sense of meaning and purpose and nourishes our soul to help us live life more fully and with a greater sense of inner peace.
Here are 10 simple things you can do to connect with your spiritual self:
- Practise mindfulness and live in the moment
- Stay connected with family and friends
- Accept everyone for who they are
- Accept yourself for who you are; possibly the most difficult thing to achieve
- Keep a daily gratitude journal
- Listen to uplifting or calming music
- Go for a walk in nature
- Meditate or pray
- Do a random act of kindness regularly
- Develop a mantra such as, “I choose peace now”
Only you can control your feelings, your life and your thoughts, but with the inclusion of spirituality in your routine, the possibilities to connect with yourself and cultivate a greater sense of inner peace are endless.