Youth Support Outreach Program
The program is provided in partnership with the WA Department of Education North Metropolitan Regional Education Office.
You can access our program if you are socially isolated, do not attend school or work, are not involved in training and do not access support from other providers.
You may also struggle to leave your house and are having trouble with at least one of the following:
- interacting with others (family, friends, peers and other people)
- self-harm or thoughts of self-harm
- gaming or computer addiction
- finding someone to talk about family or relationships
- finding someone to talk to in general
- deciding what you want study or where you want to work.
We help you identify and achieve your goals by supporting you to re-establish relationships with your family and friends and provide links to relevant community services.
We will help you find education, training or employment support options.
After you are referred to our program, our youth engagement officer will meet you one-on-one weekly or fortnightly at your home or another location for one school term (this can be extended if necessary).
To be eligble you must meet all of the below criteria:
- live within the northern Perth education region
- be 16 to 18 years old
- be socially isolated
- not currently undertaking school, training or employment
- not seeking help from any other support service
- linked in with a North Metropolitan Education Region education participation coordinator.
Referrals to our program are taken by a WA Department of Education North Metropolitan Regional Education Office education participation coordinator. You and your parent or guardian will be a part of this process.
If your referral is accepted an initial visit will be organised, where you will meet our youth engagement officer who will explain the program and answer any questions.
Our youth engagement officer will then meet up with you weekly or fortnightly for an hour at a time to help establish goals and identify barriers.
Please note, we are able to support nine clients at any one time and you may be put on a waitlist.
Tel: 0498 636 774
Email: [email protected]