- Murdoch helpline
- Getting here and parking
- Room service
- Benefits of private health care
- Visitor information
- My Admission
- Pay my bill
- Patient information seminars
- Pastoral services
- Patient FAQs
- Rights and responsibilities
- Information for boarders
- Veterans' affairs
- Quality of care
- Contact us
All-Inclusive Hospital Packages
St John of God Murdoch Hospital has introduced All-Inclusive Hospital Packages for patients who choose to self-fund their private hospital care.
Our range of self-funded hospital packages are offered at one, simple, agreed price that encompasses all of your requirements in hospital. St John of God Murdoch Hospital offers a minimal wait time and a choice of excellent, experienced specialists to meet your healthcare needs.
Eligibility for the All-Inclusive Hospital Packages will be discussed with your specialist.
- All surgeon and anaesthetist fees
- Hospital fees including nursing, accommodation and in-room meals
- Prescribed pharmaceuticals and dressings
- Take-home medication that is prescribed by your specialist
What’s not included?
- Your initial consultation and any tests carried out at the time of that consultation
- Rehabilitation items such as home aids and mobility equipment
- Hospital fees packaged will not include ICU, a return to theatre, or readmission to the hospital following a procedure. These services are very rarely required in the procedures offered as a package
- Prescribed pathology and radiology
- Your specialist will advise you of any potential costs not included in the All-Inclusive Hospital Packages
What procedures are offered as an All-Inclusive Hospital Package?
- Ear, Nose and Throat (including Paediatrics) - Removal of tonsils, removal of adenoids, middle ear insertion of tube
- Ophthalmology - Cataract surgery
- Gastroenterology - Colonoscopy gastroscopy, colonscopy with polypectomy
- General surgery - Repair of hernia (femoral or inguinal hernia, ventral or incisional hernia, infantile hydrocele), laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Gynaecology - • Hysteroscopy with endometrial biopsy, Cervix, large loop excision of transformation zone together with colposcopy for previously confirmed intraepithelial neoplastic changes of the cervix, Hysteroscopy with polypectomy
- Paediatric Surgery - Hernia, orchidopexy, circumcision
- Urology - Cystoscopy, TP biopsy, denervation, vasectomy reversal
- Vascular surgery - varicose veins
For procedures not listed here and for any other information, please contact our Murdoch helpline on (08) 9428 8838 to obtain an estimated quote.
Do I need a GP referral?
Yes, you will require a referral in order to claim a Medicare rebate. This package offer does not apply to specialists not listed here, so please take the names of the following listed specialists to your GP. For more information on referrals, contact the Murdoch helpline on (08) 9428 8838.
- Mr Derek Chen
- Dr Eng Gan
- Mr Matthew Henderson
- Dr Simon Hazeldine
- Dr William Tjhin
- Dr Bindu Kunjuraman
Suitability for the All-Inclusive Hospital Packages offering is at the discretion of your specialist.
What is the price?
Please contact the listed surgeons to source cost information or contact the St John of God Murdoch Hospital Helpline for any other assistance. We have worked with these specialists to keep costs as low as possible to ensure you can access the benefits of private health services within a short time.
Your specialist will provide you with information on all fees associated with your procedure during your initial consultation. This will include information on surgeon, anaesthetist and hospital fees, as well as any prostheses and other costs you may incur. Depending on your procedure, this may include pharmacy, radiology, pathology or allied health services.
Your surgeon will explain when you will receive invoices from your surgeon and your anaesthetist, as well as when payment of these invoices will be required.
You will be asked to complete your admission process online via My Admission. As part of your hospital admission, a member of our team will speak to you about your hospital fees and you will be asked for your consent before your admission is completed.
You will be asked to pay your hospital fees two business days prior to your procedure (unless there are less than two business days until your procedure at the time of your consultation with your surgeon).
You may be interested in