Looking towards the future
14 Apr 2023
New Clinical Block
The redevelopment is necessary to replace aging hospital infrastructure, improve patient amenity and reposition the hospital as a contemporary private health care facility.
It will deliver a world class centre of clinical excellence which supports healing, new life and innovation in a contemporary environment.
The centrepiece is an eight-storey New Clinical Block which will include a dedicated Mother and Baby Centre, Heart Centre and new operating theatres.
The redevelopment will transform the hospital experience for patients and caregivers, offering a hotel-style stay that includes a la carte room service and 98 per cent of the hospital’s rooms will be single, private rooms with ensuites.
Once complete, St John of God Subiaco Hospital will become an exemplar for the future of health care delivery and will continue to be the private hospital of choice for many in Western Australia.
The redevelopment will:
- deliver a new Site Energy Plant to reduce energy consumption;
- upgrade critical hospital engineering infrastructure to support patient care;
- create hotel-like facilities and amenities with spacious, single rooms;
- connect the hospital to the wider Subiaco community; and
- provide additional clinical capacity required to meet forecast future demand.
New Clinical Block highlights include:
- dedicated Mother and Baby Centre including large bedroom suites, Obstetric Theatre, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and Maternal Foetal Assessment Unit;
- new Heart Centre bringing together cardiology experts and equipment;
- six new operating theatres equipped with the latest technology; and
- a new Chapel.
Existing hospital facilities are being upgraded as part of the wider redevelopment. Work includes refurbished kitchen and sterilising departments, new service block lifts, courtyard infill works, electrical distribution board replacements and recently completed 6-bed negative pressure ward – Ward 42.
More information about our redevelopment.
You may be interested in...