- Medical and surgical
- Allied health
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Oncology rehabilitation
- Chronic disease management
- Exercise physiology
- Inpatient rehabilitation
- Occupational therapy
- Orthopaedic rehabilitation
- Outpatient rehabilitation
- Parkinson's disease
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Reconditioning rehabilitation
- Social work
- Speech pathology
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Community and youth
Insomnia and other sleep disorders such as sleep apnoea can have a negative effect on your mood, your ability to think or perform regular tasks, your relationships, and your overall health.
While insomnia can often be managed by a general practitioner (GP), in some cases, further assistance to diagnose and treat sleep disorders is needed.
We consider your overall wellbeing and answer any questions you may have to help you get a better night's sleep.
If you have difficulty getting to sleep or staying asleep, if you snore, or if you’re very tired during the day, you may benefit from a sleep physician review and a sleep study.
Our sleep services
During a sleep study, you will either stay overnight at a sleep centre or have a home study. During the night, specialised equipment monitors your breathing, heart rate, snoring, oxygen levels and other key signs. The study is completely painless and your GP will be informed of the result.
This information helps make a diagnosis and our sleep experts will devise a treatment plan for you to get back to having a good night’s sleep.
Our sleep services include:
- sleep physician review
- full polysomnographic sleep studies, reviewing all the biophysiological changes that happen during sleep
- home-based sleep studies, primarily used to diagnose sleep apnoea
- continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) management program
- insomnia management program
- management of other sleep disorders such as restless legs syndrome.
About sleep apnoea
Obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA) is associated with snoring, and characterised by pauses in breathing during sleep. This common sleep disorder is associated with medical conditions including:
- heart conditions
- respiratory conditions
- sleep conditions such as insomnia.
A referral from your GP is necessary to access our services.
Benefits of our sleep service
The benefits of participating our sleep study include:
- diagnosis and treatment of wide range of sleep disorders
- improved sleep habits
- more energy during the day.
These benefits depend on your particular circumstances and require you to fully participate in necessary before and after care and management. You should consult a specialist in this area before deciding whether treatment is suitable for you.
You may be interested in...