Our maternity services
Due to state safety restrictions, information on this page may be subject to change. Please see our COVID-19 information for the latest details and how you may be affected.
Our maternity services offer expert medical care for you and your new baby, giving you the peace of mind that you are both in exceptional care.
You'll receive professional and friendly support in modern spacious facilities to make your hospital stay as comfortable as possible.
Key maternity services
- Qualified, highly dedicated midwives and nurses - helping you gain the skills and knowledge you need to confidently care for your new baby.
- Parent education classes across a range of topics - covering your pregnancy, baby’s birth, and beyond, as you transition into early parenthood.
- Breastfeeding and lactation support services - including breastfeeding education classes and specialist lactation consultants.
- Mental health support through St John of God Raphael Services – offering free support to parents and families affected by anxiety or depression during pregnancy and in the first few years following childbirth.
- Access and referrals to a range of other support services – such as paediatric consultants, neonatal unit, physiotherapists, child health nurses, GP liaison, psychological and parenting support services.
Exercise during pregnancy
At St John of God Bendigo Hospital our expectant mums can take part in our prenatal water aerobics classes.
Exercise during pregnancy is safe and encouraged for both mum and bub.
There are plenty of benefits for exercise during pregnancy including:
- reducing lower back pain associated with pregnancy
- nice safe environment
- good opportunity to ask any questions
Women can start attending from 12 weeks onwards.
Time: Classes run Monday and Thursday at 5.00pm and 6.15pm.
Cost: Classes cost $15. Check with your health fund before attending as some private patients can have the cost fully subsidised through their health fund.
Bookings: Bookings are essential. Please call the Allied Health Department on (03) 5434 3261.
You may be interested in