- For medical professionals
- For junior medical officers
For junior medical officers
Opportunities exist for direct employment and secondment via Royal Perth Hospital in both full time and part time positions for resident medical officers (RMO) and registrars. Interns are currently seconded from Royal Perth Hospital.
We currently have RMOs and registrars in the following departments:
Opportunities exist for Registrars to be employed into service positions or seconded into ANZCA training positions.
Emergency Department (ED)
The ED is accredited for ACEM, WAGPET and ACRRM training. RMOs and registrars gain clinical experience dealing with adult and paediatric emergency cases and are exposed to a comprehensive case mix, which includes obstetrics and gynaecology, stroke, neonates and trauma.
An extensive range of educational programs and courses are provided in the ED to ensure doctors of all levels have a rewarding training experience.
ED Step Up program
The ED Step Up program aims to assist senior RMOs both personally and professionally in their six-month term leading up to becoming a registrar.
It consists of:
- Dedicated tutor/supervisor for each Step Up RMO
- Fortnightly education in addition to weekly RMO or registrar teaching
- Procedural skills logbook
- Curriculum covering situational, leadership and communication skills relevant to a registrar
- Access to both adult and paediatric simulation teaching.
- Access to ACEM primary examination teaching.
General Medicine / Aged Care and Rehabilitation / Stroke
Direct employment and secondment opportunities exist for both RMOs and registrars.
RMOs and registrars in basic physician training and advanced training roles may be seconded to the hospital through Royal Perth Hospital.
Employment opportunities are available for RMOs and registrars in service positions.
Opportunities exist for registrar secondment into RACS training positions.
Registrar and RMO positions are currently available via secondment through Royal Perth Hospital as well as direct employment opportunities for RMOs.
Obstetrics and Gynaecology
RMO and registrar employment opportunities are available in service and DRANZCOG positions.
RMO positions are available by secondment and direct employment.
Registrar employment opportunities are available in RANZCP training positions, via secondment from Royal Perth Hospital or direct employment in service positions.
Intensive Care Unit
Registrar employment opportunities are available via direct employment.
The positions are accredited for foundation training and may be used towards applications for CICM training.
Service and training positions are available for both RMOs and registrars.
The unit is accredited for both basic and advances training in general paediatrics.
Prevocational education program
Doctors in training learn from and build relationships with experienced consultants by:
- Rotating across multiple and varied medical and surgical units
- Attending structured weekly medical education sessions and monthly grand rounds
- Teaching and mentoring medical students.
- For further infomation about progressing your career at St John of God Midland Public Hospital please contact:
For further information
Tel: (08) 9462 4665