- Consumer engagement
They are members of the local community who are committed to providing a consumer perspective and through personal experience, may have an understanding of rehabilitation.
Our Consumer Reference Committee meetings are held every quarter with representatives participating in:
- decision making
- strategic and operations planning
- service delivery
- policy development
- priority setting
- continuous quality improvement
- patient safety.
The role of a consumer representative is to:
- represent the interests of consumers and patients, acting as a ‘watch-dog’ on issues affecting consumers
- provide information or opinion on any relevant issue(s) affecting consumers
- contribute to an improved consumer and patient experience
- be recognised as an official volunteer of the hospital.
Representatives are reviewed annually and can be on the committee for a maximum of five years.
If you are interested in becoming a consumer representative, please contact our Director of Mission:
Tel: (03) 9788 3333