Dr Jay Baumwol
Dr Jay Baumwol
Dr Baumwol is a consultant cardiologist at Fiona Stanley Hospital, St John of God Murdoch, and a member of the West Australian Advanced Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplant Service. He completed his medical degree with honours in Perth and then furthered his cardiology training in Sydney and Toronto, Canada before returning home.
Dr Baumwol's approach to clinical care prioritises his patients' understanding of their condition, treatment options and management plan. His interests include echocardiography, the management of heart failure, and general cardiology including the assessment of chest pain, shortness of breath and palpitations.
- Graduated medicine with honours from the University of Western Australia, Perth.
- Completed general physician and cardiology training at St Vincent's Hospital, Sydney.
- Completed a fellowship in echocardiography and further training in advanced heart failure and cardiac transplantation at St Vincent's Hospital, Sydney.
- Completed a clinical fellowship in advanced heart failure and cardiac transplantation at Toronto General Hospital, Canada.
- Further echocardiography training at Mount Sinai Hospital and Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, Canada.
Fields of Expertise:
- General cardiology including ischaemic heart disease and valvular heart disease.
- Echocardiography including stress and trans-oesophageal echocardiography.
- Cardiomyopathy, advanced heart failure, and cardiac transplantation.
- Echocardiography – Exercise
- Echocardiography - Transesophageal
Telehealth consultations: No
Treats Children: No