Arranging a transfer to St John of God Bendigo Hospital
If you are privately insured or a Veteran Affairs (DVA), TAC or Workcover patient and your doctor wants you to be admitted to hospital you may request a transfer to St John of God Bendigo Hospital if it is considered clinically appropriate.
Your request should be directed through the Emergency Department / Outpatients doctor, nurse or clerical officer, who will inform the specialist on duty so they can authorise a transfer.
The transfer request can also be directed through your accompanying relative or guardian and the doctor, nurse or clerical officer on duty will arrange the transfer.
If you require details of your health fund cover or experience difficulties with the transfer request contact us on (03) 5434 3422.
You will be directed to the senior nurse on duty who will immediately address your questions or concerns.
You may request to be transferred to St John of God Bendigo Hospital as an uninsured patient.
In these circumstances we advise you to call us prior to your transfer and ask for uninsured prices and other important details.
If your injury is due to a work-related incident you may be entitled to admission under a TAC or Workers’ Compensation claim.
In these circumstances please contact the Senior Nurse and provide details of your claim.
How do I travel to St John of God Bendigo Hospital?
- By ambulance or patient transport- this will be organised for you if the doctor decides that your transfer must be by ambulance or patient transport
- Travel by car- your relatives or friends may transport you to the hospital or we will make the arrangements for you if you experience difficulty, just contact us.
Steps to organise a transfer
- Advise the doctor, nurse or clerical officer that you would like to be transferred to St John of God Bendigo Hospital
- If you experience any difficulties contact the After Hours Manager on duty at St John of God Bendigo Hospital on (03) 5434 3422
- Remember, it is your right to choose the hospital at which you are treated and hospital personnel will respect your wishes.