- Our services
- Ophthalmology Services
Ophthalmology covers all aspects of eye care, including eye tests and screening for eye diseases, medical treatment, laser treatment, complex microsurgery and research.
All eye procedures and surgeries are now conducted at our new, state-of-the art eye hospital, St John of God Subiaco Eye Hospital, to provide our patients a more comfortable and efficient experience specific to their clinical needs.
The facility is conveniently located across the road from St John of God Subiaco Hospital, and is where many of Western Australia’s most trusted and experienced ophthalmologists choose to admit their patients.
Find out more about our hospital and our ophthalmologists.
Our range of ophthalmology services are designed to treat eye conditions and return or improve vision. Our ophthalmologists diagnose and treat disorders and diseases affecting the eye, eye socket and eyelids, and their functions.
Many of our ophthalmologists have a sub-specialty interest, in areas such as cataracts, glaucoma or retinal conditions, and are involved in the latest technological advances and scientific research to ensure patients receive the highest standard of care.
Some of the conditions that we treat through our ophthalmology services include:
- medical retina
o diabetic eye disease
o macular degeneration
o retinal vein occlusion
o macula oedema
- surgical retina
o macula and retinal hole
o retinal detachment
o epiretinal membrane
- Eyelids and orbits
o drooping eyelids and excess skin on eyelids
o eyelid cancers
o blocked tear ducts
o pterygium surgery
o corneal transplant
- Inflammatory eye disease/uveitis
- Eye muscles
o Strabismus (eye misalignment) surgery
We offer a range of benefits to you and your family members, including:
- patient-centred medical care delivered by highly experienced specialists and caregivers who are specially trained in ophthalmology care
- immediate care for patients with urgent, sight-threatening problems
- access to the latest diagnostic tools and treatments
- a holistic approach that takes into account your medical and non-medical needs
- access to St John of God Subiaco Hospital’s complementary services including allied health care and pastoral care services
To meet our team of ophthalmologists and learn about their experience, expertise and areas of interest, visit Find a specialist.