Insomnia and other sleep disorders such as sleep apnoea can have a negative effect on your mood, your ability to think or perform regular tasks, your relationships, and your overall health.
Hawkesbury District Health Service sleep services
Hawkesbury District Health Service has a dedicated private sleep laboratory with both a physician and a sleep technician attending. The sleep lab at Hawkesbury District Health Service is accredited by the Australasia Sleep Association (ASA) in conjunction with NATA in accordance with ASA Standard (2016) and the international standard ISO 15189 (2012).
Our sleep lab can review you for the multiple disorders that can affect sleep. Our high-resolution polysomnography is used to record respiratory and breathing signals to help determine conditions apart from apnoea.
The sleep lab covers the areas of:
- Diagnostic Sleep Study
- Pressure Determination Study
- Mandibular advancement Efficacy Study.
Different diagnostic domains, apart from sleep apnoea include:
- Parasomnia: sleep walking, acting out dreams
- Narcolepsy and diseases of central hypersomnolence
- Central sleep apnoea often associated with cardiac disease
- Periodic limb movements or restless legs.
About sleep apnoea
Obstructive sleep apnoea is associated with snoring, and characterised by pauses in breathing during sleep. This common sleep disorder is associated with medical conditions including:
- heart conditions
- respiratory conditions
- sleep conditions such as insomnia.
Benefits of our sleep service
- The benefits of participating our sleep study include:
- diagnosis and treatment of wide range of sleep disorders
- improved sleep habits
- more energy during the day.
These benefits depend on your particular circumstances and require you to fully participate in necessary before and after care and management. You should consult a specialist in this area before deciding whether treatment is suitable for you.
Hawkesbury District Health Service can currently only accommodate insured patients at our Sleep Clinic.
You will need to obtain a referral from your GP.
A GP can refer to the Hawkesbury District Health Service sleep laboratory through the rooms of Dr Donald Lee.
Tel: (02) 4722 3001
You may be interested in