During your pregnancy
We support you during your pregnancy to help build your knowledge and confidence in what is ahead.
Services we offer include parent education classes, maternity unit tours, booking-in clinics and telephone support.
Parent education classes
Our parent education classes cover many aspects of pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and early parenting. These relaxed, informal classes hosted by experienced midwives offer you a safe environment to learn, share and ask questions.
Please contact us for more details on our parent education program.
Your obstetrician will forward your hospital registration papers to us once they are complete. We will then contact you with details on any further booking-in requirements.
Telephone support on maternity questions/concerns
Registered patients are welcome to contact our maternity unit with pregnancy-related concerns or questions they might have.
A registered midwife will assess your situation and refer you to the most appropriate service.
For example, they might:
- invite you in to the maternity unit for a further check or to begin your labour
- recommend you present to an emergency department for specialised medical care
- advise you to liaise with your obstetrician or GP.
Please contact us if you:
- have any concerns related to your pregnancy
- think you are in labour
- are experiencing any blood loss from your vaginal area or a rupture of membranes (‘waters breaking’)
- have a severe headache and/or visual disturbances such as blurred vision
- experience intense abdominal pain
- notice reduced baby movements.