- Vision, Mission and Values
Vision, Mission and Values
To continue the healing mission of Jesus.
We are recognised for care that provides healing, hope and a greater sense of dignity, especially to those most in need.
Our core Values reflect our heritage and guide our behaviours:
Hospitality – A welcoming openness, providing material and spiritual comfort to all.
Compassion – Feeling with others and striving to understand their lives, experiences, discomfort and suffering, with a willingness to reach out in solidarity.
Respect – Treasuring the unique dignity of every person and recognising the sacredness of all creation.
Justice – A balanced and fair relationship with self, neighbour, all of creation and with God.
Excellence – Striving for excellence in the care and services we provide.
Service is central to how we bring our Mission to life. Our development programs aim to support and develop caregivers in providing distinctive service.
The key tenets of our Service Ethos are:
- our Mission inspires our service – we are continuing a great story of service entrusted to us by our founders
- relationships are central – every encounter is an opportunity and can have far-reaching effects
- the way we work together as a community, in our own teams and with other teams, is integral to our effectiveness
- governance and management of resources are key to our success
- feedback and evaluation about how well we are doing is crucial.
The pomegranate symbol represents our heritage – as the original symbol of the Sisters of St John of God – and our vision for the future.
The cross is the symbol of Christianity, reminding us of Jesus’ suffering and our call to follow in His footsteps.
Our five Values are reflected in the five seeds of the pomegranate, which is open to allow the seeds to scatter, providing new life and symbolises the generosity of self-giving to people in need.