Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) information for patients and visitors
17 Feb 2021
Visiting hours: contact us on 08 9382 6111 for current visitor hours.
Two visitors per patient are allowed. Visitors can interchange but maximum two at any time.
Please find the latest information regarding COVID-19 on the WA Government website.
Elective surgical admissions have recommenced.
Please contact the hospital for further advice if you have:
- a fever or flu-like symptoms;
- temperature greater than 37.5 degrees
- travelled outside of the state in last 14 days
- have returned from a State or Territory not considered 'very low risk'
- been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19
- been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting test results
If you are concerned that you may have been exposed to the virus please call ahead.
Thank you in advance for your support of this.
Maternity ward tours
Our maternity tours have resumed. For information about the tours, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to take a virtual tour of our maternity facilities, please visit sjog.org.au/subiacovirtualtour
Antenatal parent education
Parent education sessions are offered as face-to-face classes and via live webinar. Due to COVID-19, face-to-face classes are limited to 10 couples at one time.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
If you are seeking assistance, or testing for coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit your nearest COVID-19 clinic.
Call the Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080.
You can also access the Department of Health website for your state for the latest information:
Read our frequently asked questions about COVID-19 and our hospital care.
We are taking a range of measures and precautions to protect our patients. This includes:
- additional cleaning and sanitation measures
- limiting visitors
- screening patients and visitors in order to provide safe care
- prohibiting those arriving from overseas into our buildings
- equipping wards with appropriate protective equipment
- preparing our negative pressure rooms for suspected cases
- cashless transactions.
We have a comprehensive range of coronavirus (COVID-19) precaution measures in place to ensure we are mitigating the risk of infection and ask that you support us in this.
For your safety and that of our caregivers, many St John of God Health Care services are now offering online appointments. If your appointment can be done online (via telehealth) and this is your preferred option, you will receive an email before your appointment so you can connect with us.
We understand you want to ensure you and your family to have the best care in the safest possible environment.
We have cancelled all maternity ward tours and antenatal classes until further notice to reduce foot traffic in our maternity ward.
If required parent education classes and information online will be offered instead of our traditional face-to-face sessions. The online classes cover a range of topics from what to expect at hospital, preparing for childbirth, early parenting and breastfeeding. Women who are booked in to give birth with us will be contacted via email with the details to attend.
Our birthing suite and patient rooms have and will continue to undergo a rigorous cleaning and sanitation schedule.
Our midwives, ward and support caregivers are under strict screening processes. We also encourage you to limit visitors both in hospital and on your return home to protect your family and our other patients.
We are continuing to restrict the number of visitors in our hospitals in line with state guidelines for safety. Select the hospital you are attending to see more details about visitor restrictions currently in place:
- St John of God Ballarat Hospital
- St John of God Bendigo Hospital
- St John of God Berwick Hospital
- St John of God Frankston Rehabilitation Hospital
- St John of God Geelong Hospital
- St John of God Pinelodge Hospital
- St John of God Warrnambool Hospital
- St John of God Bunbury Hospital
- St John of God Geraldton Hospital
- St John of God Midland Public and Private Hospitals
- St John of God Mt Lawley Hospital
- St John of God Murdoch Hospital
- St John of God Subiaco Hospital
You can get the most up-to-date information and guidelines relating to visitors at your state's department of health website:
Our emergency departments are open 24/7 for a range of emergency conditions.
If you need to present with flu-like symptoms, please consider going to a COVID-19 clinic where the fastest testing, precautions and treatment can be applied.
COVID-19 clinic details are available here:
There is a hotline available 24/7 on 1800 020 080.
You can use cash to pay for your parking in our machines. For all face-to-face payment transactions, including our cafes, we ask that cards are used at this time.