Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) information for patients and visitors
30 Jun 2021
General COVID-19 information
St John of God Health Care is part of a coordinated health sector response that is working collaboratively to ensure we prevent the transmission of COVID-19 in the health care environment with guidelines aligned with commonwealth and state recommendations.
If you are wishing to find out how the Australian government are monitoring and responding to the COVID-19 pandemic and how you can help stop the spread of the virus in Australia, including what to do if you have symptoms please click here.
Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19, even mild symptoms, should get tested at a COVID-19 testing clinic and self-isolate until they receive their result. If you are unsure about your symptoms please see the healthdirect Coronavirus (COVID-19) Symptom Checker.
Information for patients
St John of God Health Care is currently screening all patients and clients for COVID-19 testing may be required for any person who screens positive for epidemiological or clinical risk factors. Please contact the hospital or service before your scheduled appointment or surgery and notify the hospital them urgently if:
- You live in or have travelled to an identified hotspot in your state. Please check the links to see the latest updates for these:
- You have returned from travel in the past 14 days and are now in quarantine as part of state direction
- You have been identified as a close contact of confirmed case and now in quarantine
- You are unwell with any flu or cold like symptoms including a runny nose, fever or have experienced a loss of smell and taste
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and make changes to our service and processes in line with the relevant state health jurisdictional requirements.
Information for visitors
Visitor restrictions are currently in place in many of our hospitals.
For detailed information about visitor restrictions at the hospital you will be visiting please click the links below.
- St John of God Ballarat Hospital
- St John of God Bendigo Hospital
- St John of God Berwick Hospital
- St John of God Frankston Rehabilitation Hospital
- St John of God Geelong Hospital
- St John of God Pinelodge Hospital
- St John of God Warrnambool Hospital
- St John of God Bunbury Hospital
- St John of God Geraldton Hospital
- St John of God Midland Public and Private Hospitals
- St John of God Mt Lawley Hospital
- St John of God Murdoch Hospital
- St John of God Subiaco Hospital
Whilst we understand these restrictions may be difficult, we ask for your ongoing support as we work to keep our patients and our caregivers safe. All restrictions are based on state directives.
Call the Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080.