Mental Health Clinical Education toolkit
Featuring actors playing patients with a mental health problem, they work alongside experienced mental health practitioners to simulate a highly realistic clinical interaction. The Toolkit consists of an extensive DVD set and a facilitator’s guide to support teaching sessions.
Hundreds of nursing and medical students have participated in hundreds of hours of mental health simulations during their clinical placements at St John of God Health Care’s psychiatric hospitals since the project began in 2013.
St John of God Health Care is pleased to extend this rich learning experience outside its hospitals. The production of the Mental Health Clinical Education Toolkit gives you access to these highly realistic mental health simulations.
Students have been very positive about their exposure to various simulations and frequently say that they can't believe the patient isn't ‘real’.
What is included in the Toolkit?
- Three DVDs (multi-region) with 12 simulated patients featured in a total of 14 different clinical engagements
- A license to upload the films to your secure password-protected intranet for students to use for educational purposes
- A Facilitator’s Guide packed with helpful lessons and activities to enhance your teaching sessions
- Key references and web links enabling you to continue providing evidence-based, engaging learning opportunities for participants.
- To order your copy of the Mental Health Clinical Education Toolkit, download the order form and forward to us as per the instructions on the form.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.