- St John of God Raphael Services
Raphael Services are available to all members of the community with a referral from a general practitioner (GP) and are provided free-of-charge.
We welcome mothers and fathers from all cultural backgrounds and walks of life. You do not have to be a maternity patient at a St John of God Health Care hospital to access our services.
We provide specialised mental health (including psychiatric) services to mothers and fathers with a significant, diagnosable mental illness that requires specialist care, including:
- depression and anxiety disorders during pregnancy and following childbirth
- adjustment disorders in the transition to parenthood
- problems in the parent-child relationship in the context of a parental mental health disorder
- anxiety and depression stemming from issues related to foetal screening and/or diagnosis
- anxiety and depression associated with perinatal loss or related trauma.
Please note we do not provide crisis services. In the event of a crisis, contact Lifeline on 13 11 14, your local community mental health service or nearest emergency department.
How to refer
Please complete a Raphael Services Referral Form and provide a Mental Health Care Plan for focused psychological strategies (billed under item numbers 2700, 2701, 2715 or 2717).
To obtain a referral form, please contact your nearest Raphael Service.
How we work with GPs
We recognise GPs as key partners in providing comprehensive care and are committed to keeping you informed about treatment and outcomes. Secure messaging is available through ReferralNet, otherwise communication will be via fax or mail.
Our services are available in Western Australia, Victoria and New South Wales.
For further location and contact details please choose your nearest Raphael Service from the list below.