During your pregnancy
We can support you during your pregnancy to help build your knowledge and confidence in what’s ahead.
Services we offer include parent education classes, maternity unit tours, booking-in clinics and telephone support.
Parent education classes
We offer some of the most comprehensive parent education classes in Australia - covering many aspects of pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and early parenting.
These relaxed, informal classes hosted by experienced midwives offer you a safe environment to learn, share and ask questions.
Please contact our parent education team on (08) 9382 6708 or via email to email@example.com to find out more.
Maternity unit tours
We offer free tours of our maternity unit to give you an inside look at our facilities and services.
You can participate in a maternity unit tour by:
- attending our scheduled tour on Sundays at 1pm - bookings are essential
- Watching our virtual maternity unit tour
- registering for a parent education class - many of these include a tour.
Please contact our maternity unit on (08) 9382 6708 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Your obstetrician will forward your hospital registration papers to us once they are complete. We will then contact you with details on any further booking-in requirements.
Telephone support on maternity questions/concerns
Registered patients are welcome to contact our maternity unit pregnancy-related concerns or questions they might have.
A registered midwife will assess your situation and refer you to the most appropriate service.
For example, they might:
- invite you in to the hospital’s maternity unit for a further check or to begin your labour
- recommend you present to an emergency department for specialised medical care
- advise you to liaise with your obstetrician or GP.
Please contact us if you:
- have any concerns related to your pregnancy
- think you are in labour
- are experiencing any blood loss from your vaginal area or a rupture of membranes (‘waters breaking’)
- have a severe headache and/or visual disturbances such as blurred vision
- experience intense abdominal pain
- notice reduced baby movements
You may be interested in