A $16 million refurbishment of our North Block wards and expansion of our day chemotherapy unit, known as the Ivy Suite, is underway as part of our commitment to providing an exceptional patient experience.
The refurbishment of our wards on Levels 5, 6 and 7 in the North Block will see 17 shared rooms converted to single rooms along with new ensuites, visitors’ lounges and nurses’ stations.
A modern colour palette featuring pomegranate red, warm natural colours and fresh lighter tones represents our mission and values, and reflects the natural environment of our surrounds.
The Ivy Suite in the Bendat Family Comprehensive Cancer Centre will be expanded to offer 24 infusion chairs – the largest day chemotherapy unit in Western Australia.
Benefits of our refurbishments
- Bright, modern patient rooms
- 17 additional single private rooms with ensuites
- Upgraded nurses stations to enhance movement
- Spacious visitor waiting lounges
- Additional treatment chairs in the Ivy Suite to reduce wait times
- New, comfortable treatment chairs for patient comfort
The refurbishments are due for completion in late 2020.