Master Plan: 2018
Since 1898, St John of God Subiaco Hospital has offered hospitality, healing and hope to generations of Western Australians.
Incremental development over the last 120 years has enabled us to evolve to meet the changing health care needs of the community and remain at the forefront of medical innovation and technology.
In preparing to meet the future needs of our patients and to reach our goal of becoming a globally-recognised centre of research excellence, we have developed a Master Plan to guide the staged transformation of our campus over the next 30 years.
The Master Plan outlines the planned expanded and revitalised facilities on our existing site, and provides a cohesive framework for development.
The Master Plan respects the significant history and importance of the hospital to the community, preserving significant buildings while creating new facilities to support excellence in patient care.
Through modern facilities and improved connectivity between the Subiaco Town Centre and the Town of Cambridge, the staged redevelopment will transform the hospital into a world-class medical campus that is uniquely integrated with its community.
Benefits of our redevelopment:
- Modern, expanded facilities for patients, medical professionals and visitors
- Expansion of our globally-recognised research capabilities
- Integration of new technology to enhance patient care
- Revitalisation of our environment and outdoor spaces
- Improved connectivity between the Subiaco Town Centre and the Town of Cambridge