- For medical professionals
Patients may be referred by medical practitioners using our referral form or letters generated from clinic software. Referrals for either Inpatient Admissions or Outpatient Consulting Appointments are accepted. Referrals should include:
- Patient's name and contact details
- Type of referral: Inpatient admission/291 assessment/Consultancy and ongoing care/Day Programs
- Current presentation
- Previous and current medical & psychiatric treatments
- Current medications
- Medical Conditions
- Private health funds details
- WorkCover/TAC applicable - written approval is preferred
Referrals for Inpatient Admissions
Referrals for admission can be sent through to the Intake/Triage Team. Doctors are welcome to ring and speak with a member of the Intake/Triage Team to discuss referrals for admission. Office hours are Monday to Friday 9am – 4pm or afterhours the Hospital Coordinator will be able to assist.
Referrals for Outpatient Consulting Suites Appointments
Referrals for Outpatient Consulting Suites Appointments to see a Psychiatrist can be sent to an individual psychiatrist or alternatively an open referral addressed to ‘Dear Doctor’ will be considered by all available Psychiatrists.
The Consultant Psychiatrists at Pinelodge Clinic are able to see patients for many conditions but are unable to assist with:
- License assessment ie firearms & motor vehicle
- Outpatient treatment for ice addiction (inpatient is available)
- Appointments for court reports relating to DHS, criminal or civil matters
- Appointments mandated by Community Corrections Orders, bail conditions or DHHS
The www.yourhealthinmind.org website may assist in locating services for patients with these specialised needs.
Please note we do not offer bulk billing services and the fee schedule is set by the consultant.
For enquiries or to send a referral please contact us: