- Contact us
- Consumer engagement
The role is held by a community representative who has an understanding of mental health and alcohol and other drugs issues through personal experience or as a carer and is committed to the support of patients and their families.
The role of the Consumer/Carer Representative is to:
- work with people who attend St John of God Pinelodge Clinic
- inform patients and carers of issues that may affect them and promote knowledge and understanding of patients’ rights, responsibilities and privacy
- support patients, their family members and carers with information and contact details to access external services that will aid in the patients recovery
- encourage patients to share their opinions and experiences about our programs and respond to feedback
- represent patients and carers interests in the planning, delivery and evaluation of the services offered at St John of God Pinelodge Clinic
- make recommendations to the hospital management committee on matters affecting patients
- remain up-to-date with best practice methods in the area of consumer participation and mental health standards.
If you are interested in information about our Consumer/Carer Representative speak to our Director of Mission.
Tel: (03) 8793 9444.