Light up the Lake with Love
3 Dec 2023
St John of God Murdoch Hospital acknowledges that the festive season can be difficult for those who have lost loved ones, and so in the spirit of unity and compassion, Light up the Lake with Love offers a safe and inclusive space to reflect, share cherished memories, and find solace during the holiday season.
Join us in the Marquee by the lake for a touching remembrance service, including live music by string quartet Aquila, and the symbolic lighting of the lake and trees — a beautiful tribute and display of love and remembrance that will shine throughout the Christmas season. Share memories, write your loved one's name on our ‘memory tree,’ and unite in a warm, inclusive atmosphere.
“A special keepsake to light up your home, in memory of your loved one.”
Commemorate the evening with an optional purchase of a special Christmas keepsake—a glowing bauble that beautifully symbolises the cherished memory of your loved one that we celebrate at our event.
Each purchase will bring love and light to others in their time of need, with a portion of the proceeds going towards supporting families in end-of-life care at our hospital.
Purchase your special keepsake.
You will be able to collect your glowing bauble at the event, and take it home with you to remember the love and light shared during our heartfelt gathering.
We look forward to sharing the evening with you.
Date: Sunday 3 December
Time: 6.30pm to 8.00pm
Location: St John of God Murdoch Hospital Marquee by the Lake
What to Expect:
- Remembrance Service: A touching ceremony to honour the memories we hold dear.
- Symbolic Lighting: Illuminate the lake and surrounding trees in a powerful display of love and remembrance.
- Live Music by Aquila: Enjoy the soothing melodies of a string quartet, enhancing the atmosphere with grace.
- Memory Tree: Personalise the experience by writing your loved one’s name on a leaf and adding it to our ‘memory tree.’
- Remembrance Bauble: Collect yours on the night and let it shine in honour of your cherished memories.
RSVP now, and let love light up the night.
For donate in support of end-of-life care, please contact St John of God Foundation on 1800 281 288 or [email protected].
Thank you to the City of Melville for making Light up the Lake with Love possible. Your support has helped us create a memorable and meaningful experience for all.
You may be interested in...