Updates in Gastroenterology
3 Nov 2022
This event aims to engage GPs on a range of gastroenterology conditions and activities that are commonly encountered in general practice. This includes shared care of patients with hepatitis, updates and management of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and managing mild flares of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) in the primary care setting. The evening includes up to date information on the latest evidence based approaches of diagnosis and management that can be used in the primary care setting followed by a question and answer and panel discussion.
After attending this education session GPs will be able to:
- Select appropriate investigations and referral pathways for patients with hepatitis based on contributing factors and prognosis.
- Explain the current guidelines in screening and management of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Identify and manage patients presenting with mild flares of IBD in general practice.
Date: Thursday 3 November 2022
6:30 to 6:45pm: registration and refreshments
6:45 to 8:15pm: presentations and a three course meal
8:15 to 8:45pm: questions and answers and panel discussion
Venue: Chapel Hall, Rose and Crown, 105 Swan Street, Guildford
- Shared care of patients with hepatitis – the ins and outs of screening, red flags and when to refer presented by Consultant Gastroenterologist Dr Michael Lim
- Updates and management of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease presented by Consultant Gastroenterologist Dr Tee Ching Hun
- Managing mild IBD flares in primary care presented by Consultant Gastroenterologist Dr Abhey Singh
RACGP CPD Points
Attendance at this event earns 4 CPD points
For more information
Email Business Development and Marketing Support Officer Jessica Pringle or call 08 9462 4033
Registration is essential.
You may be interested in...