Midland physician services: post graduate day masterclass on chronic disease in general practice
The event presents a panel of highly qualified specialists to provide the latest information on a range of chronic diseases. The program has been designed for general practitioners to actively participate in roundtable discussions and case studies based on common chronic diseases that are encountered on a daily basis in general practice.
In addition, the event provides the opportunity for GPs to “ask the expert” about a range of topics to assist with managing patient care.
See the full event program.
Upon completion of this education session participants should be able to:
- Identify triggers for re-referral of patient with chronic malignancy back to their oncology specialists.
- Choose appropriate anticoagulants for cardiology patients and determine length of treatment for complications, such as pulmonary embolism.
- Demonstrate knowledge of red flags and stratified management of reflux disease refractory to first line treatment.
- Identify level of risk in renal disease and urgency of referral with clear understanding of which tests and imaging modalities are required for those urgent reviews.
- Confidently prescribe second and third line diabetic medications for Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus patients in line with current guidelines.
Date: Saturday 18 May 2019
Time: 8.30am to 4.30pm
Venue: Level 1, Conference Centre, St John of God Midland Public and Private Hospitals, 1 Clayton Street, Midland
Parking: a prepaid ticket will be provided at the event
A full program and booking information to be provided closer to date.
RACGP CPD Points
Attendance at this events earns 40 (category 1) points as endorsed by the RACGP
You may be interested in