Sometimes we experience tough times and need someone to help us through. Our counselling programs provide you the opportunity to talk with one of our trained caregivers, who can offer support and new perspectives on a range of issues.
Our counsellors can help you explore options and strategies to resolve personal, social or psychological problems and difficulties to help you return to an active, healthy and rewarding life.
Our counselling services
Our services are delivered by experienced counsellors, psychologists and psychiatrists in a safe and non-judgemental environment.
You can access counselling for a range of mental health issues including, but not limited to:
- addictions – to drugs, alcohol, gambling and online games
- bipolar disorder
- obsessive compulsive disorder
- older adult mental health
- personality disorders
- post traumatic stress disorder
- problem anger.
You may access counselling either at our outpatient centre, or as an inpatient, as part of a wider treatment plan while admitted in hospital.
Benefits of counselling
- Offers you safety and freedom to express your thoughts and feelings.
- Provides you with strategies and tools to explore and resolve difficulties.
- Helps you gain a greater degree of self-awareness and understanding of yourself and others.
- Can assist you to improve your mood and feel more in control of yourself and your life and to cope better with life’s challenges.
These benefits depend on your particular circumstances and require your full participation. You should consult a specialist in this area before deciding whether treatment is suitable for you.
You may be interested in