Milestones to recovery during our depression program
During our three-week inpatient depression program we work with you in a range of one-on-one and group classes to help you understand depression, and learn and practice management strategies.
You will achieve a number of key milestones during your stay which will help you prepare for discharge and give you confidence to manage your emotions in a range of situations.
Week 1 milestones
Your first week in hospital will focus on developing your understanding of your depression.
- Start the depression therapy program.
- Develop an understanding of your cycle of depression and the cognitive behaviour therapy model.
- Recognise the negative role of depression on your life.
- Take active participation in an individualised care plan with the multidisciplinary team, setting personal goals for recovery.
Week 2 milestones
You second week will focus on learning your behaviours, your beliefs and strategies to manage your emotions more effectively.
- Learn to set healthy boundaries and communicate assertively
- Learn to recognise your errors in thinking which feed your depression.
- Learn to recognise your personal beliefs which feed your depression and your negative thinking patterns.
- Learn strategies to manage your emotions and reframe your negative thoughts.
Week 3 milestones
During your final week, we will work closely with you to prepare you for discharge from hospital.
- Learn to focus on your positive attributes to form a more meaningful life.
- Complete a mental health recovery and discharge plan.
You may also be able to continue your recovery through a 10-week outpatient program.
You may be interested in