Stop struggling with depression
Our mission during your three-week depression program is to care for, support and nurture your return to health and wellbeing.
During your inpatient stay we work with you to help you understand the nature of depression, and learn and practice depression management strategies. These key skills will help you manage your levels of depression in everyday situations.
As the only mental health provider in metro Sydney that has hospitality ingrained in our values we focus on caring for you, nurturing you and supporting you so you can return to health and wellbeing.
Who will care for you?
You will experience holistic, multidisciplinary care during your stay from a range of expert caregivers which includes a psychiatrist, physicians, nurses, physcologists, social workers, chaplains, dietitians and pharmacists. We work with you, and your family at your discretion, to achieve your health goals.
What to expect
Your three-week depression program will be tailored to meet your needs. You can expect to cover and explore a range of psychoeducational topics.
- Learn to understand the bio-psycho-social nature of depression, the cycle of depression and the role depression has played in your life.
- Understand the cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) model of depression.
- Learn the ABC approach to CBT, and practicing the ABC model.
- The neuropsychotherapy model of worry and problem solving skills.
- Learning about your positive and negative boundaries and improving your assertive communication style.
- Increase your understanding of your cognitivedistortions (CDs) that lead to your automatic negative thoughts (ANTs). You will also practice challenging your ANTs and CDs, and develop behavioural goals for change.
- Understand the neuroscience of sleep and tips for sleep hygiene.
- Understand and apply relaxation, mindfulness and stress reduction skills.
- Understand the nature and function of emotions, and how to regulate or reduce your negative emotions while, at the same time, increasing your positive emotions.
- Increase your understanding of core beliefs that lead to your CDs and ANTs, and complete a personal beliefs inventory as a way to discover your core beliefs.
- Learn about positive psychology and the three types of happiness, and practice skills that promote a meaningful life.
- Outline the concepts of spirituality and self-compassion.
- Prepare a wellness discharge plan to promote safe recovery.
You will also have the opportunity to participate in our group program which includes other therapeutic techniques such as art therapy, music therapy, yoga, writing skills, and meditation and relaxation groups.
After you are discharged from hospital, you may also choose to participate in our 10-week outpatient depression program to further reinforce your skills.
You may be interested in