- For patients and visitors
- Quality of care
Quality of care
We measure and report our performance across all aspects of our mental health services and we share this information to help you make informed decisions about your choice of care. These are our results for the period 1 July 2018 to 7 December 2018.
These results include evaluation of:
- Patient satisfaction and experience
- Clinical care
Patient satisfaction and experience
We focus on listening and responding to the needs of our patients at St John of God Burwood Hospital.
Patients share their hospital experience through Patient Experience (PEx) surveys, completed by when they discharge as an inpatient, or finish an outpatient program.
PEx survey results provide insights into how well we meet our patients’ expectations of care and enables us to make improvements wherever necessary.
- 94% of inpatients and 98% of outpatients rate our quality of care as excellent
- 96% of inpatients and 98% of outpatients would recommend our hospital to family or friends
- 82% of inpatients and 82% of outpatients say their sense of wellbeing improved after treatment
Our patients ats St John of God Burwood Hospital also rate our clinical care, including the effectiveness of their treatment program and our caregiver support.
- 89% of inpatients and 87% of outpatients say their treatment plan met their needs
- 95% of inpatients and 93% of outpatients say they were involved in decisions about their care and treatment
All of our caregivers strive to offer an environment at St John of God Burwood Hospital where our patients feel safe, secure and welcome at all times. Our multidisciplinary teams work closely with each other to support our patients who often have complex needs.
- 96% of inpatients and 100% of outpatients felt welcome at our hospital
- 92% of inpatients said our caregivers worked well as a team in providing care and treatment
St John of God Health Care overall quality of care results
You can also see the organisation-wide quality of care results, which includes measures on accreditation, infections, patient falls and pressure injuries.
You may be interested in