At St John of God Bendigo Hospital we are thrilled to introduce a new postnatal clinic service for our families.
The Nurture Collective is a place to find support by engaging with professionals and other like minded families on our parenthood journey.
We provide extended Midwifery parenting support and education as you transition into parenthood, from pregnancy to 3 months postnatal. With a mixture of 1:1 appointments and small group sessions we can suit you and your baby's individual needs.
The Nurture Collective is a relaxed space to talk, seek advice and have your queries answered by our caring experienced staff.
Areas of care and support include:
- Breast feeding support
- Exploring normal newborn behaviour
- Tips and techniques for sleep settling, including classes provided by Tiny Sleepers.
- Transition from hospital to home
- Postnatal mental health awareness
- Postnatal physiotherapy advice
- Postnatal wellbeing advice and looking after self.
- Drop in support sessions with other new mothers
In the future we aim to introduce flexible Antenatal wellbeing support and education sessions, including hypnobirthing.
Along with other services such as baby massage, first aid, water safety and pilates.
For more information please speak with our midwives.
You may be interested in