Taking the Pulse on Cardiac Management
13 May 2021
Note: this event is fully booked.
Cardiovascular disease is one of Australia's largest health problems, killing one Australian every 12 minutes.
The role of the General Practice Team in managing this burdensome disease will become even more central as the population ages. Our local cardiologists will bring clarity to a complex area of clinical practice, helping doctors and nurses to provide optimal care with confidence to an important growing patient group.
Dr Joris Mekel, Local Cardiologist, Central Victorian Cardiology
Dr Voltaire Nadurata, Local Cardiologist, Bendigo Cardiac Care
- Outline Pharmacological Management of Paroxysmal & Persistent Atrial Fibrillation
- Identification of patients at high risk of CVD requiring Aggressive Lipid-lowering therapy, including the use of Injectable Cholesterol-Lowering Medication
- Perioperative Management of Patients on Direct Oral Anticoagulants (DOACs)
- Systematically outline the recommendations for management of Heart Failure patients
- Discuss the implications of changes to MBS items for Cardiac Imaging & the associated considerations for GP’s when referring for Specialist Management
Date: Thursday 13 May 2021
Time: 6:30pm dinner and registration, 7:00pm presentations
Venue: MacKenzie Quarters, 12 MacKenzie St, Bendigo
Registrations have now closed. This event is fully booked.
You may be interested in...