In summary: private practice mastery
4 Jul 2023
Designed to introduce specialists to private practice, the event was coordinated by St John of God Health Care’s WA business development team, in partnership with Zento Group.
Held at the St John of God Subiaco Hospital Conference Centre, over 40 specialists heard from an array of speakers on important topics such as:
- Crafting a practice vision
- Business planning
- Choosing a practice model
- How to be an asset to your hospital
- Setting fees and Medicare billing
- Marketing and social media
- Practice design and fit-out
- Financing and wealth management
- Business insurance
- HR management
- Practice software systems
- Private health insurance
Guests also had the chance to hear from other specialists about their private practice journey and enjoy networking with colleagues over drinks and canapés.
A highlight of the event was a panel discussion featuring experienced specialists describing different and innovative models of private practice, provoking many questions and discussions.
St John of God Health Care National Business Development Manager Roshan Weddikkara said much of the event’s success was thanks to the speakers.
“We had over 20 speakers join us over the two days to share their insights and knowledge, with many of our guests commenting on the quality of the presentations,” Roshan said.
“The feedback on the event was exceptionally positive. We are pleased to have another event planned for 2024 as we work to support more specialists in private practice.
“We encourage all specialists, at any stage of their private practice journey, to join us next year for what will be a bigger event that builds on our recent success.
“In addition, I want to thank our sponsors without whom this event would not have been possible, and the organising team, who put in an incredible effort on top of their day jobs to bring this event together.”
Thank you to our speakers for sharing their insights:
- Dr Michael Gannon, St John of God Subiaco Hospital Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
- Dr Jeff Thavaseelan, St John of God Murdoch, Mt Lawley and Subiaco hospitals Urologist
- Dr Preeti Nagubandi, St John of God Murdoch Hospital Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
- Dr Nishath Altaf, St John of God Subiaco and Midland hospitals Vascular Surgeon
- Dr Brendan McQuillan, St John of God Subiaco Hospital Cardiologist
- Allie Adamson from Allie Adamson Consulting
- Rochelle Connolly from Mediteam
- Shaun Lyons from Genie Solutions
- Robyn Landau from Doctors' Choice Medical Indemnity Advisers
- Kim Struthers from Perfect Practice
- Ali Joyce from Credabl
- Kris Borgraeve from Digital Practice
- Gae Nuttall from MDA National
- Ben Dudley from Zento Group
- James McLeod from Capital Partners Private Wealth Advisers
- Serena West from MBS Insurance
Thank you to our sponsors for their support: